Retrieving your Ratio Code
May 14 2019, Chad M. Amell
Ever been in one of those situations where you were listening to one of todays top hits while you were detailing the inside of your car?
Maybe you were using an electric air pump with your vehicle in accessory mode and not running.
If you have than you may have drained your battery a time or two to the point that it will no longer start.
After some frustrating words, digging out your battery booster or even calling for a boost from your local tow company, you realize that you can no longer listen to your favorite radio stations or that mixed CD that has been in the player for months no and that the display is now showing "code."
Fear not as this is pretty easy to fix.
All you need to do is follow the steps below to get that radio up and working and your favorite music pumping again!
Cornwall Honda has amazing customer service advisors that are here to help you any time! But incase its after hours, here is some information to help you out.
- Turn on the ignition.
- Make sure the radio is off, use the power button until the clock is displayed.
- Press and hold the pre-set buttons 1 & 6 down simultaneously for about 20 seconds.
- While still holding those buttons, press the power button.
- You should now see a "U" followed a 4 digit number (U####), then the screen will toggle and you will than see an "L" and a 4 digit numbers (L####).
- Your radio's serial number is XXXXXXXX (typically 8 digits for most vehicles).
- Call any Honda dealership with the radio serial number and they will give you your radio code.
- Power on the radio and punch your radio code in.
Some good points to note, if at any point you hear multiple beeps while you are entering the provided radio code, stop entering the code and restart entering it from the beginning.